Back from the treacherous heat of Virginia! (Ooh, don't take that personally if you're from there.)
It really was one of the greatest vacations. We stayed at a plantation of sorts -- The Powhaton Resort -- which, minus the legions of geese and their egestions, was brilliant. And then, just around that my dad got us tickets to Busch Gardens (that one's based on all of the European countries and has some of the greatest rollercoasters I've been on, though I still prefer the Dragster), Water Country USA. Although I'm not really a water person. Well, in a matter of ways. I'm a swimmer, literally, but I can't stand just being in water. Weird. And then Colonial Williamsburg which was, by far, my very favorite.
For those who don't know, Williamsburg was the capital of colonial Virginia. And, funded by Rockefellar Junior, they basically recreated it. They restored the eighteenth century homes and buildings, have reenactments, and everyone who works there is incredibly kind. Not to mention great in their history -- which they do while dressing up like eighteenth century colonists, of course.
I didn't log on just to ramble about my vacation, though. I did also finally finish that story -- or one of them -- that I've been promising you. This one's called Finding Myself and is now located on my Fictionpress. This would be the lesbian story that I so wanted to try out so very long ago. Although, please, don't let that bias you away from it. Aspects of love, as ever with my writing, are subtle.
Alas I'm afraid if you want my opinion, I haven't rewritten it enough and it still churns as rubbish to me, so feedback would be lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment