Aug 31, 2010

The Bad, The Ugly, The Confusing

Oh relationships, how you confound me.

Why, really, are some so adamant that I should believe in love? It's just a trick, really.

Today I have had the great displeasure of learning a great deal more of my friend's woes. A friend that I care a good deal about. Some horrendously sick roller coaster of emotions that was for the most part beyond her control and (in my opinion, at least) unthinkingly cruel.

I have also spent a good portion of my day entertaining someone that I do not really know. (An end to the past few days of my being a super hermit for which, granted, I had been looking, but not exactly good for an introvert.) Why would I do such a thing? Because relationships are horrible things, full of one partner inadvertently hurting the other and sometimes one knowingly striking against the other.

I've grown up with two sisters very eager to date, it's a cycle easily figured out.

One has had a bit of a day and mimics the other. It's nothing serious, really. But the other won't stand for it. They're in the same room but only watching television, barely talking. It's not what this one wants. This one walks away.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

Although, on a slightly brighter note, I finally finished chapter two.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm sorry you're displeased. I suggest eating candy. Candy makes all the yucky feelings go away.

But, Yay!!! Chapter two for the win! :D