With silence, I take in all that she has to say
For she has provided me with a temporary roof
Mute as stone, I return day after day
But my attention, as with my patience, wanes
And I find it difficult to remain aloof
I wonder, during the occasional pause
If I am obvious in my thoughtful haze
If she were to realize that, for compassion, I have given little
cause
But though I am like the stone
She seems colder than it in a winter blaze
She leaves no room for interjection, nor a sidelong whisper
And is always off about another meager complaint
But confused is that I should miss her
For to her all emotions are reciprocal
What other world would God paint?
But against her meaningless noise I can no longer fend
She was only ever a means to an end
I don't often use a rhyme scheme, so when I started writing today I thought I'd try one out.
Oddly, despite the multitude of fairly significant things that have happened to me that I've been mulling over lately, I can't seem to find anything more to say. So I'll see you on your way, someday.
1 comment:
I thought I knew the source for this, but now I am not so sure.
Post a Comment