
You're probably wondering the relevance of the comic. There really isn't much, I just happened to find it during a search for my final speech. (Huzzah, Public Speaking is nearly over!)
If you've paid much attention thus far, you're aware that nearly all of my speeches have centered on a deliberate attempt to anger my class mates. Most have been successful--although I will admit, at first I wondered how I could top bashing their colloquial destruction of the English language. Then I was granted the topic of relationships.
Perhaps I'm terrible, but I find it fantastically amusing to see them all so peeved. Especially when they insist on calling me nice.
Alas, in preparation for our final speech, which is meant to be persuasive, we had debates on various controversial topics. At one point our teacher asked "Do you believe in Heaven?" Roughly three people raised their hand with me to vote that, no, there is no heaven; when we die we rot and become food for maggots. Next to one of these people was a girl who began shrieking that she couldn't be in such close proximity to a sinner--god was going to strike her down.
Clearly I found this amusing. That is why my final speech is going to be on why atheists are not sinners damned to hell.
The friends I have in that class think I have a death wish. They do, however, support me: one is determined to give me a hundred, another intends to sit next to the shrieker.
I've spent the last five hours searching for facts to put in and creating the slide show, outline, and note cards for that. Productive morning, yes? And most of my friends won't even be awake yet.
On another note, I've actually written something! I will not, however, be posting it. It's a one-shot that most wouldn't understand, stemming from something two of my friends and I deemed in second grade. Plus, it was fantastic and amusing when I was writing it, but reading things over never fails to make them seem bland.
Happy day away from education,
M. D. Koch
1 comment:
May your argument be much more compelling and witty than your opponent's is bound to be.
Post a Comment