Of course, the swimmer in me mourns. Both for the close of the season in which I can work on my strokes and the untimely death of my swimming pool.
Alas, there are better things to read than the personal life of a hermit. And thus, I disclose my second writing exercise:

Photo snatched from ldbugs on deviantART
Today, an internal monologue.
I see you, tied in that world of nonexistence. In some part of me I know you see me too, but it is small. So, for now, I will only hope that your eyes catch my glances as well.
I might utter this, if only you could hear me. But are your ears so strong as I wish mine could be? Can they hear what this screen blocks or muffles? But if they are, would you not care? Am I nothing to you while I wish for your acknowledgment?
You hold out your arms as I do, but do you see me as you do it? Or are you running to someone else who holds your affections?
If I wrote you a note against the glass here, would you respond? Would you even acknowledge its existence? Or would you scorn me in disdain?
I must know. I need to know if you would care for me too, but I always lack the courage.
Oh, coward.
Again, I ask for anyone to leave their take as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment