Jul 26, 2011

Fun, Fun, Fun

A great deal of excitement has occurred since my last post, so I'll give the overview:

My best friend got me Still Got Legs and The World Is Mine (I Don't Know Anything) as well as a sonic screwdriver for my graduation party. She also wrapped them in post-its with lyrics from Hank Green songs on them. How awesome is that?

I'm also teaching this friend to swim--and there has been mild success! She can now do the elementary backstroke. And we got a kick board to make the future easier.

My sister and I saw Deathly Hallows Part Two. I was in love before, but I am even more so now. (Although, I would have preferred to kill Ron off rather than Fred. And I hope they realize that Harry has no wand now, because he didn't fix it like he did in the book. He is vulnerable.)

I went shopping. I got capris. I have been less disgustingly warm since. And I haven't burned yet this summer! (Granted, I use three different sun screens, and one of them is 70+ and leaves me white as a geisha.)

I've also been to a mess of grad. parties for people I love very much. And I got one of them a sexist gift, because she's female and belongs in the kitchen. (Way too excited about that.)

But today was inarguably the best day I've had this summer. A group of friends and I went up to a park where shenanigans took place. Once there, I had to bike off to pick up a friend. (Well, when I say pick up, I mean bike to her house and then walk her to the park because she wasn't permitted to do it on her own.) But I shan't complain, because my best friend asked me to do so. That, and the friend I was getting is also wonderful in her own way.

Then we took off to the Wegmans plaza where we split up for food. (Some creepers decided that Taco Bell was worthier of their money than Wegmans.) So Steve, Sarah, another friend whose name I can never remember because I'm a dunce, and I went to Wegmans. There, Tiff's mom was seen (and thus my day made). I ate a sandwich ridiculously quickly and finished my entire supply of water for the day.

Then currently-nameless-friend had to go home and Sarah showed up with our Lunch of Champions (because she is awesome and she for some reason felt it fit to share her food with creepy, hungry people).

I bought super chocolatey, brownie-like cookies as well. Contributions were well received.

Then we traveled to a bakery across the street where most of the others got sugar. (Sugar is the secret to life.)

Then we stopped in the Dollar Tree and Sarah got glow sticks. Which reminded me of the Hectic Glow Band. Alas, I doubt you've heard of them.

Then we headed off to one of the many forests in the park. (They all have paths and are fun to explore.) The one in which bags were stored was dubbed Narnia. Here I split off from the rest of the pack because I felt like hiding and watching them like the creep that I am. Eventually, they entered a forest that I had never explored before and I felt that I should follow them or risk being hopelessly severed.


Unfortunately (but not really, because it was spectacular), I followed the wrong path and ended up on the other side of the forest they entered. There I found a wondrous stone path with fantastic foliage that I had never known existed. I also found, peeking through the foliage, that it runs along the street on which my father works:
























I loved it there very much. It was spectacular.

Alas, my friends soon wondered where I was. I sent Steve a picture, but it didn't seem to help much. Apparently, I was the first to discover this place.

So, Steve called me, which I appreciated because it gave me a chance to use my speaker-phone. (Which was fun!)  Eventually we emerged on two different sides of a field of what I think is hay. We shouted to each other and then realized that we were still on our phones with each other.

I then proceeded to show my friends the magical path I had found. After which we retired to Narnia and I stole Horatio (Sarah's beautiful camera) for a while. At least, until she wanted to take pictures of people surrounded by colorful smoke from fancy things she bought at the flea market. At this point Steve and I became slave labor (releasing the smoke, blocking the wind with a sheet, fanning the smoke, et cetera). Although, I was relieved of labor when she requested I submit to the wills of her and Horatio as well and be captured on film.

After this I had to walk Katherine home. Which I did, and we talked about similarly awesome stuff. When i returned only Steve and Sarah remained. . . And I really want to start referring to them as the "S" crew.

We didn't stay in Narnia long. We explored more. (Although we first when to the park's building where there were bathrooms and a water fountain. And then to Rite Aid where I got a Gatorade I managed to drink in under three minutes and they got caffeinated drinks.)

Next to the hay field is another field that leads to a little lake, where Steve taught us (well, taught Sarah and tried to teach me) how to skip rocks. We followed the edge of this to the connecting park before deciding to go inside another bit of woods we had yet to explore. There we found what looked like a graffitied and abandoned train car. Sarah drew the Deathly Hallows symbol. Steve wrote DFTBA above it. Sarah took a picture of Steve and me making the Nerdfighter gang side on either side of it. Then we went back to exploring the water.

We followed a trail of cattails until we forced our way through some shrubbery and found ourselves at the entrance to the stone path again. So, of course, we walked along it again, until my dad called me. (Somehow, nearly eight hours had passed and my mom was worried.) So, we abandoned the beautiful path and had some fun in the field on the way to our abandoned bags.

Then, sadly, I had to leave my friends, who are spectacular.

On the way home a creeper hit on me. It was gross.

Hope your day was equally wonderful,
M. D. Koch

No comments: